Safety is a SUDS core value. Nothing is more important than the safety of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. The role we play in keeping people safe through the services we provide is always highlighted in situations like the Coronavirus (COVID-19). In these situations, our goal is to provide relevant information from leading governing bodies, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and SUDS Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) group. To kill the COVID-19 virus, you need the proper cleaning agents and a professional disinfecting process. Without these you are at a higher risk of exposure to COVID-19. This level of thorough cleaning and disinfecting using CDC recommendations and EPA-registered disinfectants for COVID-19 can mitigate risk to life and legal liability.
We offer COVID-19 Cleanup for: WE NO LONGER PROVIDE COVID-19 DISINFECTING SERVICES! • Office Buildings
• Senior Living Buildings
• Schools/Daycares • Hotels
• and more … throughout Miami-Dade and Broward Counties
Why the Cleaning Agent Is Important
COVID-19 is caused by a virus (SARS-CoV-2) that is part of a large family of viruses called coronaviruses. SUDS only uses sanitization agents that are EPA-registered disinfectants, including chemicals that are able to be used in sensitive environments, that are capable of eliminating viruses on various surfaces.
Why the Cleaning and Disinfecting Process is Important
According to the CDC, the coronavirus has the ability to live on surfaces for hours to days. To ensure that it is completely killed during the cleaning process it is important that the correct cleaning agents and procedures are properly applied and allowed to work for the proper amount of time.
SUDS Commercial Environmental Services is a Proven Entity
The COVID-19 public health emergency has changed our lives. It continues to create widespread and considerable challenges for individuals, communities, and businesses. During this unprecedented time, SUDS' mission remains the same: to provide peace of mind while creating safe, healthy environments for our clients. We are ready to perform your COVID-19 disinfecting while using personal protective equipment, skills, and techniques we have perfected through education and training. When clean really matters, SUDS is a proven entity.
Covid-19 Resource Center
The Impact of Covid-19 on SUDS Business Practices
The CDC gives clear guideline on the steps that individuals can take in preventing illness and avoiding exposure to the virus. They recommend:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
SUDS will require our Staff to do the following:
- All staff will be required to complete a questionnaire about health before working daily and logged
- Temperatures of our Staff will be taken and logged
- Masks must be worn when working
- 2 pairs of gloves (different colors) are to be worn
- Shoe covers are to be worn if entering into a Client's place of business or home
- Protective apron or smock (disposable) is to be worn inside a Client's place of business or home
- Face shields are provided and are to be worn by the staff
- One wipe method so as to not spread the virus will be utilized and the wipes disposed of
The CDC recommends routine cleaning with a focus on frequently touched surfaces. They recommend the following:
- Routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, counter tops, and doorknobs. Use the cleaning agents that are usually used in these areas and follow the directions on the label.
- No additional disinfection beyond routine cleaning is recommended at this time.
- Provide disposable wipes so that commonly used surfaces (for example, doorknobs, keyboards, remote controls, desks) can be wiped down before each use.
Enhanced Cleaning of High Touch Points
Please let us know if you would like further information on an enhanced cleaning scope of work for high-touch point and high-traffic areas in your facility. Contact us for more information or to schedule a cleaning and disinfecting.